Monday, April 13, 2009

Post 7: My reflections

Having gone through this module, it has made me realize many imperfections in my communication skills. It has made me realize that there was more to presentation than just having the confidence. I do admit i took this module lightly in the beginning.

However, overtime i realized the importance my group had placed in the module and i could not let them down. I really got to thank my group mates for making me stay in the game. I always believe it was never about the end point, its about the journey towards it. I really had a blast working with them. Having just thought of some random topic to do a survey on became a passion to prove it's hypothesis. I was really happy with the comments given after our presentation.

To the rest of my course mates, communication is an essential tool. However, just like what i had written in my first blog its about being genuine thats more important. Be yourself!! Cause only then can one realise the beauty in you.

All the best for your exams. I do hope to keep in touch with you guys.

take care

cheerz,

Jay

3 comments:

  1. Dear Jay,

    It is indeed great that you manage to get so involved in your project. I found your presentation to be very insightful as I too am a life Science student.

    It is true that being genuine is very important, however, I believe that the course also taught us to be tactful as well. From writing comments on other people blogs to questioning people about their presentation, being tactful is indeed important.

    I believe that nobody in our course had any real malice towards each other. What they said was genuinely meant to help us, however, if it came out rather blunt, we might just turn a deaf ear to it. Hence, we have to learn to communicate properly in order to bring our genuine message across.

    Cheers, Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jay,

    Indeed, this module has highlighted the many imperfections in my communication skills as well. But I guess it is precisely what it was meant to do - to hone our communication skills. Having said that, I have no regrets taking this course and I'm sure you share the same sentiment too! =P

    You did well for your presentation. It was really good and I could feel your passion for the given topic. You were definitely being genuine! =P

    On a side note, I wish you all the best to your finals and to your future endeavours! Glory Glory Man Utd!

    (err.. and kudos to Liverpool too! =P)

    Cheers,
    Mario

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jay,

    This module is not really that easy as we had thought initially. But in any case, we had finally made it through all the deadlines, and I’m sure all of us had gained something in the process.

    Your group presentation was indeed informative since it is applicable to me and you guys did present with tons of confidence (none of you looked like you are freaking out, at least that’s what I saw). I can probably take a leave out of your book, yeah?

    All in all, communication boils down to pure genuineness and sincerely. Sometimes the truth isn't nice but the real world is harsh and I guess it is better if one learns to accept and take things in his stride.

    All the best!

    Regards,
    Wanyee

    ReplyDelete